Once your factory car warranty expires, you’re vulnerable to any expensive and common car repairs. The best way to avoid it is to provide your car with an extended car warranty. There are plenty of car warranty companies that give great coverage plans in the car industry, so we’ve prepared a detailed guide to help you choose the best warranty plans for your next car.
With Liberty Bell Auto-Protect plans, you’ll be able to secure your investments by covering your car’s components from any unexpected car repairs. Although it doesn’t have BBB accreditation yet, Liberty Bell Auto-Protect proves its reputation to the customers by earning 4.5 stars in their customer reviews and a B+ rating from BBB.org.
Coverages: Liberty Bell Auto Protect
Liberty Bell Auto-Protect offers three exclusive coverage plans that shoulder 100% of the car repair fees — car parts and labor fees included.
Here are the following coverage plans with its corresponding inclusions.
|Platinum Prime||Platinum Plus and Platinum coverages, plus:|
|Platinum Plus||Platinum coverage, plus Steering system|
With its exclusive and directly administering their warranty plans, Liberty Bell Auto-Protect guarantees their customers with excellent customer service and justifiable premium plan rates.
- Platinum prime is the best and the most comprehensive plan from Liberty Bell Auto-Protect. It covers most of the car components, from air conditioning and electrical system to the GPS navigation system and Hi-tech components. It’s highly recommended for new and luxury cars.
- Platinum Plus offers the same coverage from the Platinum plan and added the steering system of a vehicle.
- Platinum is the most basic plan from Liberty Bell Auto-Protect plans. It covers the engine, transmission, cooling, and electrical system and more components of a car.
When you purchased a car warranty plan from Liberty Bell Auto-Protect, you’ll also get to enjoy its additional perks.
- Rental Car Assistance: They provide cash reimbursements up to $35 per day (maximum of 6 days).
- Trip Interruption Assistance: If you encounter any car breakdowns in the road with more than 100 miles from your home, you’re eligible for cash reimbursements up to $50 per day (maximum of 3 days).
- Roadside Assistance: It covers the following scenarios.
- Towing services: covers up to $100
- Tire installation: one spare tire per year
- Lockout assistance: covers $20 cash reimbursement
- Fuel delivery or battery jump-starts: $40 cash reimbursement.
Keep in mind that Liberty Bell Auto-Protect contracts have a waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles before you can enjoy their benefits.
Coverage Exclusions: Liberty Bell Auto Protect
When you already have an extended car warranty from Liberty Bell Auto-Protect, it’s important to review the contract and know what’s included and not. While the company covers hundreds of parts on your vehicle, it also has a short-list of exclusions. Here are some examples of excluded car components and services:
- Damage from lack of maintenance
- Damage from accidents or environmental events
- Wear items and tune-up parts
- Regular maintenance
- Shock absorbers
- Audio system
- Recalls and service bulletins
- Cosmetic items like chrome and glass
Liberty Bell Auto-Protect Plans: Is It Worth it?
Compared to other warranty providers that offer more variety of coverage plans, the company holds its name in the car industry. With its excellent services and affordable warranty plans, it’s a good decision for any car owner.
CarShield offers a variety of warranty coverage plans:
New Car Diamond
The New Car Diamond warranty coverage plan is suitable for new cars and expired factory warranties. It covers most of the components in the car. However, there are also excluded car components that you can learn from their 24/7 customer service hotline.
This plan offers the highest level of inclusionary coverage. It covers the following car components:
- Electrical system
- Steering components
- Air conditioning and brake system
- Engine components
The Gold plan covers any repair fees from the engine, transmission, alternator, power window motor, and starter. It’s also known as the enhanced powertrain coverage.
This plan offers the basic powertrain plan that covers all lubricated engine parts, the drive axle, water pump, and the transmission.
The Aluminum plan covers complex electronic systems of a vehicle and also includes coverage for voice activation control, sensors, gauges, LCD screens, power seat control, and many more.
Coverage Benefits – CarShield
Here are the benefits that are included in all Carshield plans:
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Towing services
- Rental car reimbursement (only in specific plans)
Coverage Exclusions: CarShield
Before you go to a repair shop, make it a habit to check your contract exclusions to avoid any inconveniences. Here is a list of Exclusions from CarShield plans:
- Repairs performed by an unauthorized repair shop
- Damage caused by a lack of maintenance
- Damage caused by acts of nature, theft, vandalism, or falling objects
- Any car modifications
- Tampering car components (odometer)
CarShield Plans: Is It Worth it?
Even though it has a lot of negative feedback coming from different sources like BBB.org and consumeraffairs.com, it doesn’t change the fact that CarShield has helped thousands of satisfied customers from costly car repairs.
Best Coverage plans: Liberty Bell Auto-Protect Vs CarShield
To help you further with choosing the best-extended car warranty provider for your cars, here’s a list of pros and cons for these two companies.
|Liberty Bell Auto Protect||+Excellent customer services|
+30-day money-back guarantee
+Licensed ASE technicians
+No inspection prior to approval.
+Military discount available
+Price match guarantee
|-Only has three plans|
-No coverage offered in the state of California
-No exclusionary bumper-to-bumper plan
|CarShield||+Covers some vehicles up to 200,000 miles|
+Free to choose certified repair shops
+Direct payments to repair facilities
+Six plans available
+Over 4-star ratings (Google and Trustpilot)
+24/7 emergency roadside assistance
|-Incomplete information about their car warranty plans on their official website|
-Rental car reimbursement is not included in all plans
-Low rating and numerous complains from the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
-Rental car reimbursement not always included
-Some contracts are not transferable
Choosing the right extended car warranty provider is not an easy task. Our recommendation is to get multiple quotes from different providers and compare their plans. This way, you can easily identify which car warranty plan will give you more advantages and benefits.